Your Quick Car Maintenance Checklist
Keeping your car maintained and in good condition is part of ensuring you can rely on it to get you where you need to go for as long as possible. Here’s a quick checklist that Horeb Auto Repair follows to help make sure you’re taking great care of your vehicle.
Maintaining a vehicle can be challenging, especially if you’re not well-versed in cars and aren’t sure what you should be looking for. We will be sure to check at least the following in each category:
Under the Hood
Here are the most important things to be checked under the hood of your vehicle:
- Fluids. Our skilled mechanics will check your fluids regularly to ensure you have enough oil, washer fluid, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, etc.
- Battery. Having your battery checked from time to time to see if it will continue to perform properly is a must. Bring it in to see us and we will test and replace as needed.
- Belts and hoses. We will inspect belts and hoses for signs of dried out rubber, cracks, splits, and other wear and replace if necessary.
Checking your tires frequently, especially before long trips, is essential for safe driving. At Horeb Auto we will pay attention to:
- Tire condition. Are your tires worn, cracked, dried out, or in poor condition? They may need to be replaced.
- Tire pressure. Your tire pressure should not be too low or too high. Either of those conditions can cause the tires to wear out prematurely. We will adjust the tire pressure to the manufacturer’s specification to ensure safe driving.
- Tread. Worn down tread can pose a safety risk. We will use a tire tread depth gauge to determine if the tires still have enough tread to perform safely, especially in rainy conditions. You can also do this yourself by placing a penny upside down into the grooves on each tire. If you see Lincoln’s head on the penny, your tread may be too low.
Other Things to Be Checked
We will be sure to go over your vehicle’s other systems too, including:
- Filters. Engine air filter, cabin air filters and the fuel filter will be checked and replacement will be recommended when dirty, clogged, or due by time or mileage for replacement.
- Brakes. Brakes should be assessed regularly, not just if they start to make noise. It’s always best to rely on an experienced mechanic to replace brake components and fluid as needed.
- Lights and electrical. We will make sure all turn signals and lights work on your vehicle, also checking other electrical systems, such as fuses and electronics in your vehicle to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Shocks and struts. When you have your tires serviced, we will assess your suspension system. At this time, our mechanic can replace your shocks and struts if needed as well.
- Steering and alignment. You should not have to work hard to keep your vehicle steady when driving straight. If you find your car pulling to the left or right, you may need an alignment. If this is the case, stop by to see us and we will be happy to assist you!
Keep Your Vehicle Maintained With Horeb Auto Repair
Horeb Auto Repair serves Houston, TX and surrounding areas with high-quality auto repair services. We can help you keep your vehicle in optimal condition, so you can count on it to take you from point A to point B without problems. Call today to schedule your maintenance appointment at (832) 767-0672.
We are proud to serve the Latin American community and speak Mexican Spanish fluently.