Volkswagen and Audi Scheduled Maintenance Explained
If you have ever owned a European made car, you will know the average mechanic doesn’t understand how to service them. A Volkswagen or Audi require a specific maintenance schedule, and Horeb Auto Repair in Houston Tx, are specialists in Volkswagen maintenance and AUDI maintenance.
Here’s what you need to know about auto repair and the maintenance of these highly sought after vehicles.
Volkswagen Maintenance Requirements
You will undoubtedly know that new Volkswagen servicing requirements under warranty differ from a used Volkswagen if it has run out of its warranty. Here is a general guide as to what services these vehicles require over the years so you can enjoy the confidence that your Volkswagen will last for years.
At 10k Miles
For a new Volkswagen, the first service visit happens at 10,000-miles, where we check the following during the Oil and oil filter replacement and rotate your tires.
- Check the AdBlue fluid
- Inspect the airbag system
- Inspect the wiper blades
- Inspect the headlight cleaning system
At 20K, 60K, and 100K Miles
Only specific requirements will be inspected after the first 20,000-miles, or once every 40,000-miles after that. All of the standard 10,000-mile Volkswagen services will be completed, and we check the following at each of the 20K, 60K, and 100K milestones.
- Replace the fuel filter
- Inspect the battery
- Inspect the tires
- Inspect the brake system
- Replace the dust and pollen filter
- Check the tire filler bottle expiration date
After 40K, 80K, & 120K Miles
In addition to the regular 10,000-mile services, we conduct the most comprehensive Volkswagen service and maintenance checks at these significant intervals. Our specialist technicians will perform the following inspections and recommend other services that you might also need.
- CV joints
- Electrical components
- Underbody sealants
Other services that may be required:
- Fuel filter replacement
- DSG transmission fluid and filter change
- Dust and pollen filter replacement
- Tire filler bottle replacement in the mobility kit
- Tire filler bottle expiration date check
Our Volkswagen certified technicians know Volkswagen vehicles inside out. We possess specialized diagnostic equipment to uncover hidden issues and only use genuine Volkswagen OEM parts and accessories.
Audi Maintenance Schedule
Horeb Auto Repair technicians are also specialists in Audi maintenance and repairs. We have the specialized diagnostic equipment to ensure we keep your Audi in great shape on and off the road.
Here’s a guide to a regular maintenance schedule for an Audi.
Minor Maintenance Every Year
The first maintenance service occurs at 10,000-miles or one year after delivery, whichever comes first. The minor maintenance services usually occur at intervals of 20,000-miles or every two years, whichever comes first.
Minor maintenance includes:
- Checking the thickness of the brake pads.
- Changing the engine oil and replacing the oil filter.
- Checking and recording the completeness and expiration date of the tire repair kit.
- Completing a multipoint inspection.
- Reset the service reminder indicator display, so you know when it’s time for the next service.
Standard Maintenance Every Two Years
Every two years, here is a list of just some of the standard maintenance carried out by our Audi specialist technicians.
- Check freeze protection and coolant levels, so your air conditioning and heating work well during all seasons.
- Check the front and rear lights, high beams, low beams, turn signals, cornering lights, reverse lights, license plate lights, fog lights, and hazard warning lights to keep you safe on the road.
- Check all interior lights, warning, and indicator lights.
- We visually inspect for possible paint damage and corrosion, from the inside and outside, with the doors as well as hood and trunk lids open.
- In addition to checking the brake pads’ thickness, we check for damage and leaks to the brake systems.
- Check for damage to the charging cable if one is present and contamination and damage to the charging socket inside your car.
- For Audis with a convertible top, the latch mechanism is lubricated to ensure a smooth transition.
- All door hinges, door stay, and door latches are lubricated.
- All safety features are checked, including safety belts.
- Check the windshield wiper blades, windshield washer, and headlight washing systems are all working as they should.
You can access a full list of recommended Audi checks here.
Horeb Auto Repair is a full-service auto repair shop in Houston, TX. At Horeb Auto Repair, we are dedicated to delivering quality services. Call us at 832-767-0672 or schedule an appointment online.